Thursday 9 July 2015

The Bling Ring Book

I recently posted a wee review about the film The Bling Ring which told the story of Californian teenagers on a celebrity burglary rampage. My friend recommended the book to me as I was left totally intrigued by the film so I gave it a read. I am really glad that I did because it was a completely different book to what I thought it would be.

For some reason I thought the book was going to be written as a fictional story based on reality. However, it was written by a journalist following the court cases of those involved. What made this book really great was that it was full of interviews, facts and sociological and psychological studies. It was extremely interesting to read the in depth and on going interviews with the suspects and those charged with the burglaries. There were also quotes from the celebrities who were burgled when they had to appear in court.

This book really tried to investigate why these teenagers did what they did whereas I felt that the film just scratched the surface of the story.

I would highly recommend this book if you have watched the film. I think it is useful to watch the film before reading the book as you will have a basic knowledge of what happened which you can build on by reading the book.

Have you seen The Bling Ring film or read the book? What did you think of them? I love to hear what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment