Wednesday 15 April 2015

Lena Dunham's Book 'Not That Kind Of Girl'

I had heard other bloggers raving about Lena Dunham's book Not That Kind Of Girl so I was excited to give it a read myself. It was a really interesting read at times but I must admit there was a point where I was about to give up on the book. I found some areas of the book a bit repetitive especially at the beginning. However, after persevering I was glad that I read the book to the end.

I was hoping for light hearted, comedic read however, the book was a lot darker than I had anticipated. She wrote a lot about her childhood and by the end of the book it was clear that she had quite a lot of psychological distress from a young age. It was a very interesting thing for her to share but rather dark.

I think if you are a fan of Lena you will probably really like this book. Even though I'm not quite raving about this book it's probably still worth reading if you like more autobiographical books.

Have you read Lena Dunham's book Not That Kind Of Girl? If so, what did you think about it? Let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment