Saturday 20 July 2013

Andrea Fulerton Nail Polish Trios Review


I had never tried any Andrea Fulerton nail polishes until I got a couple from the Trio collection the other day. I was very sceptical about these polishes because they look similar to the Revlon Expressionist Nail Art Duos. However, I was pleasantly surprised by these polishes. The idea behind the design of the polishes is that you get two polishes which can be layered onto each other to create a new colour. Therefore,you actually get a trio of different polishes. 

The nail polish Trios that I have tried out are called Rain Fall, Princess and Smile In A Storm.  Rain Fall includes an awesome metallic turquoise polish and a dark turquoise mermaid flake glitter polish. If you layer the glitter polish over the metallic polish you get quite a dark sparkly green/blue polish. I really liked the metallic polish. The glitter polish is quite thin when its painted onto your nails by itself. In my photos it was showing up as a purple colour but it didn't look like that in real life.

Princess consists of a purple shimmer polish and a bright pink shimmer polish. Both of these polish are really pretty on their own. When the pink polish is painted over the purple polish it creates a warmer purple shade. This trio is really pretty.

Smile In A Storm includes a dark metallic silver polish and a pearlescent top coat. The top coat is too thin to be worn on its own unless you like fairly see through polish. The dark silver polish is quite decent on its own. When the pearlescent top coat is painted over the dark silver polish it creates a really cool purple pearlescent silver.

I don't think these polishes look as good in the photos as they do in real life which is a shame. I tried to show the two different polishes and the colours that they create when layered together. 

My top tip is to always paint the lighter coloured polish over the darker one for a more opaque colour.

I was quite impressed at the quality of the actual nail polish. I liked the brush and the polish applied smoothly. Some of the polishes were a little thin but I think they are more suited to being used as a shimmer or glitter top coat. 

Overall, if you are looking for a polish that is a little bit different or want to add a couple of new colours to your collection then you might like these. 

Have you ever tired Andrea Fulerton Trio polishes? I'd like to hear your thoughts on them.








































4 comments:

  1. I really like the purple in the first few photos, so pretty


    ordaining serendipity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!yeh they are prettier in real life too!:)

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of this particular product but have bought from her brand before and been impressed! Your nails look gorgeous, and the effect is so unique... love them Stef xxx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gemma!id never heard of them either and I've been impressed too!i really like her nail tattoos:)

      Delete