Tuesday 9 July 2013

Maybelline Color Show Polish in Electric Yellow


I had never tried Maybelline Color Show polish before I purchased Electric Yellow. I wanted to try out a new polish brand so I bought it. The polish bottle is really cute and sleek and it is rather reasonably priced too. It has a fairly decent brush so application is ok too. The polish itself seems quite thin. I think you would need three coats of this polish to make sure it was streak free. If you are looking for a golden yellow polish then this is probably a good polish for you.

The end result was quite nice but I think the polish was a more dull yellow than I had hoped for. I think I will have to try some other polishes from this collection to see what I truly think of this brand.

I also tried is polish with my Loreal Confetti polish over it and I think it looked pretty good!

Have you tried Maybelline Color Show polish before? What do you think of it?









9 comments:

  1. Oh wow I love these nails! So perfect for summer :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much meg!:) love your you tube Chanel and blog!:)

      Delete
  2. It looks okay but I agree that it's a bit dull. I find that the almost all yellow nail polishes are darker and more muddy. The one I adore is Lemon Meringue by Models Own, it a gorgeous sunny yellow, you should give it a go :))

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I will need to try it!i love models owns neon yellow and nails Inc's yellow!cant remember its name tho-possibly nottinghill carnival!:)

      Delete
  3. Wow, never thought of trying out yellow nail varnish but it looks so good! Lovely post!

    Holly xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!:) yeh I've been loving yellow polish lately!

      Delete
  4. This looks SO bright! Looks very similar to the one by American Apparel!

    Never tried any of the Maybelline polishes, this is going onto my wish list. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not actually as bright as I would have liked....they are quite cheap though so you should give it a go and see what you think! Have you ever tried models owns neon yellow? Think its called Luis Lemon...it's proper fluro

      Delete
    2. Yellow!!i think you would love how bright it is...I paint white polish on my nails first then two coats of the yellow and it is crazy bright!:)

      Delete