I can't believe that I have been nominated for the Leibster award for the second time. I was firstly nominated by the lovely Ellie from http://www.littlered26.wordpress.com and now the lovely Gillian from http://alwaysalwaysunpresentable.wordpress.com has nominated me too! I would like to say a huge thank you to Gillian for nominating me - I am so chuffed and really appreciate her taking the time to do it. Please check out her blog and give her a follow http://alwaysalwaysunpresentable.wordpress.com. She has an awesome blog featuring fashion and beauty. I highly recommend checking it out!
The Leibster award is such a great way of finding new blogs to read and making blogging connections. It involves nominating bloggers who have less than 200 followers so that lots of new people can discover their amazing blogs.
There are 2 versions of this award kicking around the blogging world. The version which Gillian has completed involves stating 11 facts about yourself, answering 11 questions, nominating 11 bloggers and asking 11 questions to your nominees. You also let your nominees know that they have been nominated.
Here are the 11 random facts about me:
1. I have ridiculously scrawny arms and wrists
2. I think I use my knife and fork in the wrong hands oops!
3. I love art - especially painting
4. It's been 2 years since I graduated from uni ahhh!
5. I'm brave enough to remove ticks from my cats even though they give me the heebie jeebies!!
6. I tried to sell perfume made from hose water and garden flowers to my neighbours when I was a kid.
7. My favourite word is numpty :)
8. I love olives
9. I CANNOT sing but really wish I could
10. I have 911's autographs and Hearsay's too!haha!
11. I was a major Take That fan in the early 1990's when I was a wee kid...ok I still like their recent stuff too:-)
Here are my answers to Gillian's questions (please ignore the annoying number 1's-my iPad wouldn't let me change them grrr!):
- What’s your favourite part of bloggin
I love writing about something that I enjoy and I really like reading other blogs. The blogging community is really friendly and encouraging too. Everyone is supportive of one another. I wish there was more of this in day to day life.
- If you could only take one item of make up to a desert island, what would it be?
Hmmmmm... Foundation so at least my complexion would look nice.
- What shop can’t you walk past without buying something?
Topshop....and Boots for nail polish:-)
- Gold or Silver Jewellery?
- What is your all time comfort food?
Pizza....chocolate...cake...roast potatoes....all of those-they are too good to choose between!
- If you could only wear either lipstick or eyeliner for the rest of your life which would it be?
- Which is your favourite season of the year for clothing?
Love bright colours in the summer. Probably have more winter clothes though because I'm from Scotland and lets face it-it's freezing most of the time!
- Do you live to work/study or work/study to live?
Oh dear...I probably live to work but not in a good way...need to change that ASAP!
- Do you have any style influences?
Gwen Stefani was a major style influence when I was a kid. Now I think I am influenced by anything and everything.
- What is your favourite film?
Sister Act 2...I love the music!:)
- What is your favourite lip product?
My ultimate fav is really boring. It's Nivea's Essential lip salve. I'm not much of a lipstick/lip gloss girl.
The 11 nominees that I have chosen are:
Lauren & Claire at Stylingo http://www.stylingo.co.uk/
Here are the questions for my nominees:
1. Do you prefer prints or block colour?
2. Are you creative, academic or both?
3. Name one blogger and their blog that you would recommend?
4. What's your favourite song at the moment?
5. What would your ideal career be?
6. What are your favourite American TV programmes?
7. What is your favourite nail polish brand?
8. Skater dress or bodycon?
9. What is your favourite make up product?
10. Boots or Superdrug?
11. Bright nail polish or nude nail polish?
Again, I'd like to say a massive thank you to Gillian for nominating me and please go check out her blog.
Also, please let me know when you have done your post so I can read your answers!