Friday 11 March 2016

1930's Photographs

When I was clearing out my loft a few weeks ago I found these old photos in amongst some of my Grandma's possessions. I don't actually ever remember seeing these photos when I was young so it was really nice to find them unexpectedly. They don't have any details about when they were taken and who is in the photos written on them but I am quite sure that the little girl in the photos is my grandma. We have guessed that they were probably taken in the early 1930's judging by how old my grandma looks.

I don't think I have ever seen photos of my grandma as a child so these are so precious to me. It is so cool to see her and her family just living their normal 1930's life before the war. I don't think she owned many photos from her childhood so I am sure these were precious to her too.

I really just wanted to show you these because I love seeing old photographs of real people from the 1900's, 1910's, 1920's 1930's etc because their lives were so different to ours. My grandma always used to tell me stories about the war but I don't remember asking much about what things were like in the 1920's and 1930's. Plus my grandma was a very special and important person to me which makes these photos even more significant.

Have you found any old photographs of your family members recently that are really special to you? I would love to hear your stories!


No comments:

Post a Comment