Saturday 19 March 2016

Archived: Interview With Kimberley From Kimberley's Beauty Blog

I have decided to start a blog series where each week I feature one great blogger and/or YouTuber. I am so excited for you all to read the interviews and find out about some of my favourite bloggers who are also extremely lovely girls.

First up, we have Kimberley who has a gorgeous blog and some great YouTube videos. You can checkout her blog here http://www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com and her YouTube channel here https://www.youtube.com/user/KimberleysBeauty . She is an absolutely awesome girl so go and say hi to her. You can find the rest of her social media links at the end of this post.


1)Do you have a favourite shade or favourite brand of nail polish at the moment?

My favourite brand of nail polish is Essie. There are a huge variety of shades available, the formula and brush is just right and they are priced reasonably. My all time favourite shade is probably Bahama Mama. It's a rich berry and I reach for it all the time, particularly in Autumn and Winter. My favourite Spring/Summer shade is something more neutral/pink toned like Muchi.


2)How long have you been writing your blog for?

I've had my blog for two and a half years now... the time has flown by so quickly!


3)Are there any blog posts that you would love to write that you have not had the chance to yet?

I would like to write about my Top 5 products across different brands. It's a series I have already started and I would like to do more of.


4)What inspired you to start your blog?

My friends inspired me to start my blog. They used to ask me what products I used for my makeup and hair etc or for tips and encouraged me to put it online. At first I hesitated because I didn't think anyone would be interested in reading it but I gave it a go and was shocked by the amount of readers and comments I got.. I haven't looked back since.


5)Have you got a favourite make up product right now?

Gosh this is a hard one.... If I was to choose just one I'd choose Nars Sheer Glow Foundation. It's a product I discovered last year and I love it because it gives great coverage and a healthy glow to my skin. It also lasts longer than any other foundation I have tried.


6)Have you watched any good films lately that you would recommend?

I haven't actually watched a film for ages because I've been more into watching TV series at the moment.


7)Are there any TV shows that you are addicted to just now?

I'm totally addicted to Pretty Little Liars. It has so many twists and turns I can't switch it off!

8)What are your beauty essentials?

My first beauty essential is my Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm. After using this not only is my makeup removed but my skin looks healthy. I team this with my Make a Difference moisturiser or Drink it Up Origins face mask which are both staples in my beauty regime.

As for makeup, I would say Nars Sheer Glow is a beauty essential as is a good Mascara like Tarte Lights Camera Lashes or Too Faced Better Than Sex. Mascara instantly makes you look more awake and your eyes bigger so it's a must for me.


9)Do you have a piece of jewellery that you cannot stop wearing?

Yes, my beautiful engagement ring!


10)Which beauty products are on your lust list right now?

There's quite a few which are featured here on my blog (http://www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com/2015/02/beauty-my-current-beauty-wish-list.html) but my top one has got to be the Hourglass Ambient Blush Palette. It contains three large blushes in different shades which look stunning. They would be perfect for Spring and Summer as they also have a little shimmer in them too.


11)Is there anything in your wardrobe that you adore wearing at the moment?

My favourite thing to wear at the moment are skater dresses. The shape suits my figure really well and you can easily throw together an outfit that looks good without having to think about it too much.

12)Are there any high street shops that you have to go in every time you walk past?

I love new look because they have such a great range of products at afforable prices. Everytime I go in there I never fail to find something I like.

Lush is also another shop I always go in. I love that they have some products that are available all year round which become favourites and also limited edition ranges- they are always very tempting.

13)Do you have any hair styling tools that you use all of the time?

My most used styling tools are my GHD straighteners and the Babyliss Waving Wand. Most mornings I will be reaching for one of these.

14)What do you enjoy most about blogging?

I love that blogging has introduced me to lots of new brands I never knew even existed before. There's nothing better than finding an amazing new product and being about to share it with your readers. I also love attending product launches as you can find out so much information and meet new people. I have made a lot of lovely friends through blogging who I never would have met if I hadn't started.

15)Have you been buying any new beauty products in Boots lately?(I know we all love Boots!)

Yes! The latest edition to my makeup collection has been the Rimmel Stay Matte Translucent Powder. I've seen people rave about it for years so thought it was about time I gave it a go.


I think Kimberley gave some brilliant answers. It was great fun to think up these questions and to see Kimberley's answers.  I would like to say a massive thank you to Kimberley for taking the time to answer my questions.

Bloglovin- http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/kimberleys-beauty-blog-6578669/
Twitter- https://twitter.com/KimberleyJ77
Instagram - https://instagram.com/kimberleyj77/
Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kimberleys-Beauty-Blog/435607649843061?skip_nax_wizard=true
Pinterest- https://www.pinterest.com/kimberleyj77/
Google+ - https://plus.google.com/u/0/107681132633911920936/posts

No comments:

Post a Comment