Saturday 19 March 2016

Archived: Interview With Lynsey From Allsorts And Anecdotes

This week I am chatting to Lynsey from Allsorts and Anecdotes. Lynsey is such a lovely blogger & YouTuber not to mention a fellow Scot. She always has THE most kick ass eye liner on and films some of the best tag videos I have come across on YouTube! You can check out Lynsey's blog here http://allsortsandanecdotes.blogspot.... and her main YouTube channel here http://www.youtube.com/user/lynseymacmakeup .  I am a big fan of Lynsey's blog and YouTube content and I think you will be too so go and check her out.

1) Are there any nail polishes that you are loving right now?

I've always been a huge Barry M fan, and I really love the Matte Nail Paint in Waikiki, and the Silk Nail Paint in Blossom at the moment. But my all time favourite polishes are the standard Barry M Nail Paint in Berry Ice Cream (such a pretty pastel lilac!), and the Bourjois 1 Seconde Gel Nail Polish in Turquoise Block - it is just beautiful, and the formula of those polishes is incredible, so opaque and they dry so fast!

2) How long have you been writing your blog for?

I started my blog way back in 2010 or 2011 and only published the odd post every now and again, but I properly got into blogging regularly in 2012. So it's been about three years now, which is crazy!

3) What inspired you to start making YouTube videos?

I actually discovered YouTube before I discovered blogging - I started off watching people like Louise from Sprinkle of Glitter, Fleur de Force, Pixiwoo and Kandee Johnson, and I just loved it.  Initially I watched beauty channels, and then discovered there was a whole world of vlogging to be discovered! I love to talk, and eventually I just bit the bullet and set up my own channel! I got properly into it when I went travelling in 2013, because I wanted to vlog my whole trip to Australia. I'm so glad I did, because I genuinely love making videos - I find the whole process of filming, editing and uploaded the videos so rewarding.

4) Please let us know a bit about your new additional YouTube channel.

Thanks for asking about that!! As I said, I get so much out of YouTube that I decided recently to set up a new channel called The Student Switchboard. I studied my undergrad degree for four years, and then went on to do a Masters, and loved being at University. I felt like I'd picked up quite a lot of useful tips and tricks as a student over the years, and realised that while people do the odd "My Uni Experience" video, there didn't seem to be a channel dedicated to chatting about student life, and giving tips and advice on everything from exam stress and study plans, to group work and making new friends. So I decided to start one!

5) Which TV shows have you been loving recently?

Haha, how long do you have?! Film and TV is a huge focus on my blog and channel, I studied Film and TV at uni and I'm a self-confessed Netflix addict. Recently I've been loving Pretty Little Liars, House, Once Upon a Time and The Office (the US version!), but I'm also rewatching some old favourites like Gilmore Girls and Black Books! 

6) Have you watched any films lately that you would recommend to us?

I finally went to see The Theory of Everything last weekend and it was just incredible, Eddie Redmayne was absolutely fantastic, and so was Felicity Jones! So definitely see it if you have the chance. I also watched a Lena Dunham film on Netflix called Tiny Furniture, which is great if you're not long out of university and feeling a bit overwhelmed with life! And I always, always recommend Silver Linings Playbook, to anyone and everyone - it's one of my all-time favourite films!

7) Is there an item of clothing in your wardrobe that you keep reaching for?

Right now I have a black cardigan from the Cameo Rose concession in New Look that I'm wearing over everything! 

8) Do you have a favourite accessory at the moment?

I have a thing for foxes, and for Christmas my parents got me a little silver necklace with a fox on it, which I cannot stop wearing!

9) Are there any beauty products that you are lusting after right now?

Always! There are a few bits and pieces from Nars that are firmly on my wishlist at the moment - generally, I'm more of a drugstore makeup girl, but the Nars eyeshadows are just amazing! So a little Nars eyeshadow palette wouldn't go amiss ;)

10) Do you have any beauty essentials?

I'm a big fan of the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight mask - it smells incredible and always makes my skin feel amazing. Also, Batiste dry shampoo - the dark brown one - is a life saver for me on second day hair! Lastly, the Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover pot totally changed my relationship with nail polish - it's so quick and easy and makes the process of taking off nail polish so much simpler!

11) Have you bought any new items of make up recently?

I'm trying to watch the pennies right now, but I did pick up a couple of pieces from Bourjois in a buy one get one half price offer yesterday! I got the Colorboost Lip Crayon in Proudly Naked, which is absolutely amazing (I love that range!), and the Colorband Eyeshadow Crayon in Rose Fauviste, which is a gorgeous rose gold. I also got the new Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude foundation - I haven't tried it yet, but I'll let you know what I think!

12) You always have awesome eyeliner - do you have any tips?

Aww thank you so much - I do love my winged liner! Honestly, my main tips would be; don't be afraid to go for it - if you're too cautious, your hand is more likely to shake! The worst that can happen is you make a mess and you start again! Speaking of which, do your eye makeup before your base, that way if you do mess up you only have to redo your eyes. And just keep practicing! Like anything, practice really does make perfect - I actually did an eyeliner 101 post recently, talking about this in a bit more depth :)

13) What are your favourite high street shops?

For makeup, Boots and Superdrug (of course!), for clothes H&M and otherwise, I love a browse in Paperchase and Waterstones!

14) Is there one item of make up that you always carry with you?

My Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer comes everywhere with me - I'd be lost without that stuff!!

15) What are your favourite things about being a blogger and YouTuber?

I love that it has taught me so many new skills, and that it gives me a little creative outlet to talk about the things that make me happy, but honestly, my favourite thing is the community! I love to write, and I love to make videos, but the best thing to come out of this is the friendships I've made! I've met so many amazing people, some of whom have become some of my best friends in real life, and others who I talk to in Twitter chats, or in video comments/blog comments, and that just amazes me. It's something I liked the idea of before I started blogging, but I never expected it to have such a huge impact on my life. 

Ah Lynsey gave some awesome answers there! I really loved getting to ask her lots of questions. So, thank you so  so much to Lynsey for taking part in this interview-it was great fun. You can find all of Lynsey's links below so go and say hi to her.

Here are all of Lynsey's Links:


No comments:

Post a Comment