Friday 20 June 2014

Goodbye To The Clutter: Uni Books

So, I am currently spending my Friday night sorting my old Uni books into bags to be taken to be recycled. It pains me to say that but after selling over 50 of them so far I'm still left with 27. 

I asked my old Uni library if they would like the remaining books but they said they were only interested in 5 of them. That was rather gutting but it's years since I left Uni so they are all out of date.

I really need the space asap so I started looking at book selling websites like We Buy Books and Zapper. Unfortunately, these sites only wanted a few of my books and offered me about £4.00 for them so I decided it was more hassle that it was worth.

Seeing as the ones I have left are almost obsolete it's off to the recycling bin they go. Very sad times since they were expensive all those years ago.

I have actually kept quite a few to look back on when I'm older.

This is just one step I'm taking in de-cluttering my house.

Do any of you still have piles of Uni books? How have you removed yours from your homes?:) 

6 comments:

  1. You should give them to your local charity shop x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. charity shops didn't want them as they said they had too many books already which is a bit shocking but i didn't recycle them thank goodness...someone saved the day and took them all!!:-)xx

      Delete
  2. Or your local library, instead of a uni library. Don't bin them!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your suggestion!in the end i didn't recycle them-someone took them all for me thank goodness!I may have cried if i had to have put them in the recycling bin!xx

      Delete
  3. It's a sin to bin books! It may be a hassle at £4 a book but times that by 27 and you'll have enough for a couple of new high end beauty products!

    Whatever you do, don't bin/recycle- donate! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know thank goodness that someone kind took them all!!i really didn't want to recycle them!!!:)xx

    ReplyDelete