Wednesday 4 June 2014

New Lighting


I have finally done it. After weeks of struggling with the lack of sunlight on days when I was filming I have finally bought some lighting. I held off for as long as possible but I feel that it was a good time to invest in some.  I bought two of the PhotoSEL LS11E22 Tabletop Studio Lights from amazon. I think they were quite reasonably priced at £65.00 for both of them. 

They had to be assembled which made me panic a bit as there were no instructions but luckily my dad surprised me and put them together in 5 minutes. He said it was really easy to assemble them and he is no handy andy! 

They are a lot brighter than I thought they would be which gave me a bit of a shock when I turned them on whilst looking directly into the bulbs!Ahhh!

They are also adjustable which is pretty cool.

I can't wait to start filming with them and to see the difference it makes to my videos and photos on very dark days. I will let you know how I get on with them!

Have you bought any lighting for your blog or YouTube channel?




9 comments:

  1. I've been looking to get some lighting for a while now, and these look good so I might have to purchase them after I go to London! Most I've looked at are almost £100

    Lauren | laurenthedaydreamer.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes so far i have found these do the job pretty nicely & they aren't too big and were a great price:)xx

      Delete
    2. thanks for reading lovely!i hope you find some decently priced ones soon:)xx

      Delete
  2. Wahoo! Lighting is always such a touchy subject when making videos. I'm too cheap for $(I don't have a pound symbol!!)65 so I've been using the natural light. The only problem with that is I need to film during the day, in front of a video.. And that doesn't always work for me! Plus, a cloud goes by and messes up the whole tone of the shot. I hope these lights work well for you. Looking forward to watching a video with them.

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your lovely comment girlie!i always sit in front of big patio doors and i have a window to my right as well and yet as i am scotland there can still be a lack of sunlight in the summer which is so upsetting when i am trying to film..so i really needed to get some..though i am no expert in using them yet but i think they are doing the job:)xx

      Delete
  3. Ooooh looking forward to seeing how you get on with these! Lighting really is a necessity for us Scottish girls!! hahah <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes us scottish blogger & youtubers really need it don't we?!:)thanks for reading lovely:)xxx

      Delete
  4. I need to invest in lighting, that's for sure! This seems pretty interesting...may check them out!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeh they are definitely a good price and do what they are meant to:)I hope you find some good,inexpensive ones:)thanks for reading & commenting:)xx

      Delete