Saturday 1 February 2014

Nail Rock Nail Foil: Antique Rose


I bought Nail Rock's Nail Foil in Antique Rose from Topshop because I was intrigued to see what I could create with it. The Antique Rose Nail Foil comes in a pack with a deep purple nail polish which was good. I painted on a base coat and two coats of the purple polish. I left my nails to dry for a couple of minutes before I got stuck into the tiny tub of bronze foil. The tub is literally tiny which makes you feel like you are being cheated however you really only need tiny fragments of the foil to make each nail looks great. The instructions say to use tweezers to place the fragments of foil on to your nails but I just used my finger and it worked really well. You do have to be careful that your polish is dry enough that you don't mark it when putting on your foil as I didn't and it left marks.

Once the foil has been applied to the nails it looks so gorgeous and sparkly. It really catches the light and glistens when you move your nail. Nail Rock recommend applying top coat over your nails to seal in the foil. This is really great as it means that you can hopefully get a lot of wear out of your foil. However, I do think the top coat dulls down the beauty of the foil. Nonetheless it still looks pretty cool.

I would definitely recommend giving this a go as its so easy and enjoyable to do. It is also fairly inexpensive for something which produces really nice results.

I have taken photos of this polish with a flash and without a flash as the lighting in my house is horrendous.









22 comments:

  1. Wow, I love this. You've got such a pretty effect there. I have the Ciate Colourfoil kit but this looks great too, I'll have to pick one up and try it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh yes, i have the ciate set too and like it but thought id try out something a little different!plus they are pretty well priced:)xx

      Delete
  2. These look so cool didn't know Topshop did them *leaves to go to Topshop*

    www.healthyyetbeautiful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i know i didn't either until recently!my Topshop has them on a table next to their polish & make up stand:)xx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous design! I really need to start going to topshop!
    L xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks girlie!you can get these from the nail rock website too and maybe amazon!:)xx

      Delete
  4. The foil is really pretty, I love it!

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks girlie!i love it too & its so simple to do:)xx

      Delete
  5. This looks fab, I've always wanted to experiment with foil but didn't really know where to begin! But this looks like a pretty simple look to re-create, and looks so effective as well! <3 x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely!i would def recommend starting with one of these nail rock sets as they are fairly cheap and easy to use!plus i think u could create something amazing with it:)xx

      Delete
  6. These look so lovely, great for a special occasion too! Love the purple colour xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!yes would be a great idea for nails for a special occasion:)you could combine it with red polish for christmas:)xx

      Delete
  7. wow this is beautiful hun! i can no way catch up with your nail polish's !
    love your reviews xxx
    theinkedblonde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lovely!this is so easy to use you should def give it a go:)xx

      Delete
  8. This looks great! I'm sure I'd probably do it wrong if I tried though.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww no lovely!theres no wrong way of doing it which is awesome!im sure you could create some awesome looking nails with this nail foil!:-)xx

      Delete
  9. that is really cute. I saw DIY that used gold pieces similar to that to make a gold vase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!oh yeh i think the stuff that is in the little tub is used for card making too!:)xx

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. thanks lovely!!it is so simple to do-i think anyone could manage to make it look nice:)xx

      Delete
  11. This effect is divine! Do you know how much it was for this little set?

    Row Bow
    What Row Chose...
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i think it was about £5.99 from Topshop chick!:)xx

      Delete