Sunday 9 February 2014

Black & Silver Glitter Polka Dot Nail Art


Today I thought I would show you a really pretty nail design which is really simple to create. After applying a base coat I painted my nails with Nails Inc's Black Taxi polish which is my all time favourite black polish. It's super shiny, dries really quickly and sometimes you can get away with just applying one coat. Once my nails had dried off a bit I got my amazing Rimmel Space Dust polish in Shooting Star and used a dotting tool to create pretty silver sparkly polka dots all over my nails. My top tip for doing this is to make sure you have enough fresh polish on the dotting tool for each dot as if you keep using the polish that has been exposed to the air it goes thick and does not create pretty polka dots. 

I really love the combination of these polishes, especially the Rimmel polish as it has a great formula which almost has a metallic full coverage base to it but dries looking like a perfect full coverage glitter. This is a textured polish which makes the polka dots look really cool in contrast to the sleek and shiny black polish. If you want your design to last longer you could always apply a top coat. However, that would take away from the contrasting nail polish textures. 

If you are looking for a new polish to try I would definitely recommend trying Rimmel's Space Dust Polish in Shooting Star. You could team it up with your favourite black polish to try out a polka dot design.

This is such a pretty and easy design to create. What do you guys think? Let me know in the comments section!




No comments:

Post a Comment