Thursday 13 February 2014

Nail Art Nail Tattoos


I was so excited when I got these Nail Art Nail Tattoos for Christmas. I was hoping that they would be the perfect nail tattoos that I have been waiting for since the 1990's when nail tattoos were amazing!  These are from Boots and there are 60 nail tattoos in the pack. The tattoos were just so cute I couldn't wait to try them. 

As you can see from the photos I chose to use some stars and a heart. Firstly, I really liked that to apply them all you had to do was place the tattoo onto your nail. It was such a bonus that you didn't have to use water. However, I noticed that even if you place the nail tattoo really gently onto your nail the backing would always stick to your nail polish and pull it. This ended up looking a bit messy. I had let my polish dry for I while before applied the tattoos but this still happened. Then I noticed that some of them were not sticking down properly. I thought I could rectify this with some top coat but I am not too sure if it helped. The packaging says to use top coat over your nail tattoos however, when I did this it dragged the black ink from the tattoos all across my nails. 

I'm pretty disappointed as I had such high hopes for these nail tattoos. Maybe it is worth wearing them for the cute designs and I can just hope that no one sees how the ink has been dragged across my nails.

I think I might try them again but with totally dry polish and using my top coat very very lightly. 

What do you think about these? Have you tried them? Have I just had an unlucky experience with them?





3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry they didn't work well. I am very unskilled at most nail art type things, so all of the nail tattoos and stickers I have tried usually don't go as well as I would like. I hope you find some that work to your liking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww thats a shame!!maybe none of them are that great & thats the problem!oh well I'm sure i will try out others in the future!:)xx

    ReplyDelete