Thursday 6 June 2013

Marbled Nail Art Guide


When I first stumbled across people creating marbled nail art I thought that they must use special dyes to create it and never imagined that I would be able to do it too.  I was shocked to find that you just use nail polish and water! So, I decided to have a go at it and did not expect it to turn out as well as it did. Here is a guide as to how I created my marbled nail art so you can try it too.

Things you will need:
-base coat
-base colour
-6 or 7 colours of your choice to use to create your marbled design
-toothpick 
-small container like a glass or a small tub
-room temperature water
-Sellotape 

1)Apply base coat.

2)Apply two coats of your base colour and leave to dry. I have used white polish for my base colour.

3)Unscrew all the tops of the polish bottles that you want to use to create your marbled design.

4)Tape around your fingers with Sellotape so that you don't get your fingers covered in polish.

5)Pour your room temperature water into your small container.

6)Quickly drop a blob of each different polish into your water watching them spread out in the water each time. Drop each blob inside the blob that went before to create rings of colour.

7)When all of your colours have been dropped into the water and have spread out, quickly use your toothpick to form petal shapes in the polish. If you want to you can just gently swirl the toothpick around in the polish rather than making petal shapes. I did a bit of both.

8)Dip your finger gently into the polish placing your nail directly into it and completely submerge your finger into the water. Try not to hit your nail off the side of the container-I did this a couple of times and it gouges your nail polish.

9)Keep your nail under the water until you have managed to gather up all of the remaining polish which is floating on the surface of the water with the toothpick. 

10)You can then remove your nail and look at the ace pattern that will be left on your nail.

11)Follow the same process with each nail in turn changing the water in your container before you marble the nails on your other hand. 

12)Gently pull the tape off of your fingers to reveal your marbled nails.

13)Leave to dry thoroughly and gently apply top coat.

My top tips for creating marbled nail art is to make sure that your water is room temperature and that you are not using a container that is too big.  Also, when dropping your polish into the water make sure you don't drop it from too high up because the polish just sinks straight to the bottom of the container. Do not wait too long before you use your toothpick to create a pattern or dip your nail into the polish because it won't work. Also, some polishes don't spread out very well so test yours first to see how they react. I used Nails Inc polishes and they worked really well.

I really couldn't believe how well my marbled nails turned out. I never thought I would be able to marble my nails and that it would in reality be fairly easy to do.

What do you think of my marbled nail art? Have you tired it or would now consider trying it? I would love to hear your thoughts!











No comments:

Post a Comment